Referred to the House Appropriations Committee on January 31, 2019
Amendment offered by Rep. Drew Stokesbary (Auburn) (R) on March 8, 2019
Reduces the pension plan-equivalent funds calculation applied to employees of a contractor performing services on a pupil transportation services contract. The percentage of estimated salaries added is reduced from a percentage equal to the total employer and employee contribution rate to the School Employees' Retirement System, currently expected to be 21.26 percent of pay in the 2019-21 fiscal biennium, to a percentage equal to the Plans 2 and 3 normal cost employer contribution rate of the School Employees' Retirement System, currently expected to be 8.25 percent of pay in the 2019-21 fiscal biennium.
The amendment passed by voice vote in the House on March 8, 2019
Referred to the Senate Early Learning & K-12 Education Committee on March 12, 2019
Amendment offered in the Senate on April 1, 2019
Adds an intent section.
(2) Provides that school districts may only enter into pupil transportation service contracts with nongovernmental entities that provide health and retirement benefit contributions to their employees that are equivalent to those received by school employees.
(3) Limits the definition of employee to those that are subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
(4) Corrects a typo to reflect that the nongovernmental entity must provide an employer health contribution, rather than an employee health contribution, prior to January 1, 2020.
(5) Requires that the nongovernmental entity must provide an employer health contribution, rather than both an employee and employer health contribution, after January 1, 2020.
(6) Replaces references to the School Employees Benefits Board with a generic reference to the state health benefits program for school employees.
Referred to the Senate Ways & Means Committee on April 1, 2019
Referred to the Senate Rules Committee on April 9, 2019
Received in the House on January 13, 2020
Referred to the House Rules Committee on January 28, 2020