Washington Votes Forum

Discuss issues, ideas and legislation related to the Evergreen State.
Welcome to Washington Votes Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Thu, Apr 19 2012 7:22 PM by allanj. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 16 2012 11:04 PM

• admin
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 19 2008

2012 House Bill 2424 (Requiring drug testing for applicants for benefits under the temporary assistance for needy families program)

Introduced in the House on January 12, 2012

Click here to view bill details.
  • Mon, Jan 16 2012 11:06 PM In reply to

Re: 2012 House Bill 2424 (Requiring drug testing for applicants for benefits under the temporary assistance for needy families program)

Does Representative Angel own stock in the drug company owned by the Governor of Florida (the author of such garbage legislation as this).  I can't believe that such stereotyping is still being engaged in in the Twenty-First century.  Leave it to the uber-righties in the Tea Party to perpetuate such hate-filled stereotypes.  You should be ashamed of yourself Angel.

• Thu, Apr 19 2012 7:22 PM In reply to

• allanj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 19 2012

Re: 2012 House Bill 2424 (Requiring drug testing for applicants for benefits under the temporary assistance for needy families program)

Wouldn't the drug testing money be better invested for funding anti-drug initiatives? Some people are addicted to drugs but hate their condition and struggle to quit, why not help them? I recently read about some interesting initiatives on drug rehab Irvine, that was an eye opener for me.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)