Washington Votes Forum

Discuss issues, ideas and legislation related to the Evergreen State.
Welcome to Washington Votes Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Thu, Jan 17 2013 10:10 AM by Lainie59. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 9 2013 1:28 AM

• admin
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 19 2008

2013 House Joint Resolution 4201 (Requiring a two-thirds majority for approval of tax increase legidslation)

Introduced in the House on January 14, 2013

Click here to view bill details.
  • Wed, Jan 9 2013 1:38 AM In reply to

Re: 2013 House Joint Resolution 4201 (Requiring a two-thirds majority for approval of tax increase legidslation)

It is about time we, the people, have a chance to pass a Constitutional amendment on this issue. We have approved an initiative requiring this many times. It is time the legislators listen to us and give us the opportunity to make it part of our Constitution. However, this bill is missing the other option that tax increases can also be passed by a majority vote of the voters as the initiatives have provided. Before I can support the bill, it needs this other option.
  • Wed, Jan 9 2013 4:59 AM In reply to

• Jim G
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 23 2008

Re: 2013 House Joint Resolution 4201 (Requiring a two-thirds majority for approval of tax increase legidslation)

Hooray! Short and simple. I like it!

• Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:39 PM In reply to

• Twestby
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 23 2008

The voters have insisted on it many times but each time the corrupt Legislature gets around it, so much for representative government, What I would add though is a simple majority to lower taxes!

• Thu, Jan 17 2013 10:10 AM In reply to

Rep. Haler is simply making the wish of the majority of voters a matter of law so that we don't have to continuously remind the legislature we are sick of their raising taxes through yearly initiatives. Thank you Rep. Haler!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)