Washington Votes Forum

Discuss issues, ideas and legislation related to the Evergreen State.
Welcome to Washington Votes Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Wed, Jan 9 2013 9:27 AM by milly11. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 21 2011 10:51 AM

• admin
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 19 2008

2011 House Bill 1595 (Regarding graduates of foreign medical schools)

Introduced in the House on January 26, 2011, to allow certain foreign medical school graduates to be licensed in Washington without completing two years of post-graduate medical training

The vote was 95 in favor, 1 opposed and 2 not voting

(House Roll Call 0 at House Journal 0)

Click here to view bill details.
  • Wed, Dec 21 2011 11:49 AM In reply to

• sammya
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 21 2011

Re: 2011 House Bill 1595 (Regarding graduates of foreign medical schools)

This is an amazing opportunity for the foreign graduates and especially because the requirements are not that inaccessible, it will also improve competitiveness on a wider level so overall it's a great way of improving the quality of medical service in our country. As a fresh master of science in nursing graduate I have high hope that this will turn out great.
  • Sat, Feb 11 2012 3:49 PM In reply to

• joshs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 11 2012

I hope that includes all the higher education forms. I've been doing some research on a master of public health and US seems like the best alternative for the students that also want recognition on the labor market after they graduate. It really is an amazing opportunity.
  • Wed, Feb 15 2012 1:07 AM In reply to

I think this is best opportunity for foreign students. Great invention, thanks for posting best information.
  • Thu, Feb 16 2012 7:57 PM In reply to

When Obamacare kicks in and the Democrats finish taking over making all decisions about every aspect of our health care and health insurance, we are going to need more foreigner's, who mostly likely will accept lower pay as a condition of employment, to serve the increase in the number of people on Medicaid and the increase in the number of elderly advised to "just take a pill" rather than expect end of life health care.
  • Thu, Jun 21 2012 5:59 AM In reply to

This bill will help graduating students find Jobs more easily, there are a lot of things needed to improve the quality of medical service in USA and the Bill 1595 is a great leap forward. I hope other ideas will come in our politicians minds and they will provide a better future for our children.
  • Wed, Jan 9 2013 9:27 AM In reply to

• milly11
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 9 2013

It was about time for this to happen, this would make things easier for everyone. I wish I had this chance as a student, I did graduate in an US university but at the time I chose a different career path, I was tempted with the idea of working on your own schedule and now, after years of hard work I am finally there.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)