Washington Votes Forum

Discuss issues, ideas and legislation related to the Evergreen State.
Welcome to Washington Votes Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Sun, Jul 14 2013 5:34 PM by punguta. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 1 2001 12:00 AM

• admin
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 19 2008

2011 Senate Bill 5585 (Concerning street rod and custom vehicles)

Introduced in the Senate on January 31, 2011

Click here to view bill details.
  • Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:01 AM In reply to

Re: 2011 Senate Bill 5585 (Concerning street rod and custom vehicles)

The car hobby is alive in Washington, lets keep it this way. good bill

• Wed, Feb 23 2011 9:02 PM In reply to

• PICKMUP
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 26 2009

Important secondary values of this bill are in the subtle changes and clarifications in Sec 6.  They spell out specific ways that individuals and automotive businesses can sell their extra used parts---without a "Wrecker's License". 

This should stop the WSP, DOL and Atty Gen from using their heavy-handed wrecker laws to file charges and levy huge fines on private persons and small businesses that buy,sell or trade the extra car parts that they own. 

Beware of the requirement for individuals to have their receipts "Notorized".  This is an extra unreasonable requirement, but it may just be the loophole for authorities to continue their past practices.  Keep copies of ALL of your titles and bills-of-sale, even after the vehicles are gone.  When you sell a part, know which vehicle it came from and put the VIN# on the receipt.

Thank your legislators for their support and let's go build some more cool cars & trucks.

• Tue, Dec 27 2011 10:08 AM In reply to

• henn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 27 2011

I thought this law was approved a long time ago, but then again I stopped being a car owner few years ago, in a crowded city owning a car is not really the best option. I just put my car in a donate car program and that was it. This new law will set some order on the street at least occasionally.

• Sat, Feb 25 2012 8:51 AM In reply to

Let's hope that all the drivers that fall under the incidence of this law will understand the full meaning of it. I had some bad experiences in the traffic before and one of them was with one of these cars. After the accident I could only afford to get myself one of the used cars IA. The other driver was the one to cause the accident but he never offered any compensation.
  • Mon, May 21 2012 9:45 AM In reply to

What I like about it is that the bill also permits the use of “blue-dot” taillights, a favorite among restorers of automobiles, and requires that vehicles titled and registered as street rods and custom vehicles only be used for occasional transportation – such as parades, tours and auto shows. I wonder if you are allowed to custom your car with vanity with mirror items. would be funny.
  • Mon, Jul 23 2012 12:08 PM In reply to

My cousin has a custom vehicle and he had a lot of troubles making the paperwork for it, now things would be much easier for him. I hope that in ten years I will ask myself where's my flying car when I will have to go to work, I have to drive one hour till work and this drives me mad sometimes. This bill is good for people that have custom cars, unfortunately they cannot use it for general daily transportation.
  • Mon, Feb 18 2013 5:35 PM In reply to

I doubt too many people are breaking the rules here, these are cars that are part from a special category, most of them don't have the usual steam power to horsepower, this fact alone makes all the difference. No surprise in this bill.
  • Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:29 AM In reply to

I am curious to know how will all these changes affect the public transportation system. Do you have any research support to make these decisions? As a future business owner in this field I need to know these things ahead to be able to make decisions.
  • Sun, Jul 14 2013 5:34 PM In reply to

• punguta
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 5 2012

i enjoy your article. great job. keep it simple
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)